After many years of baseball experience and participating in countless velocity training, strength training, speed training and throwing programs, I have designed an effective way to improve velocity while minimizing stress on the body and arm. This program will help the player to understand what works and does not work at max effort and at controlled effort. This program requires items to be purchased separate from the program. The item list is at the bottom.
The velocity program is designed to improve the players mechanical motion, initial velocity, arm speed, overall body strength, and kinetic awareness as the body moves through space (proprioception).
This program is unlike any other program on the market and is one of the most, if not the most non-evasive program to help increase velocity.
The programs' #1 priority is the safety of each player.
Dates and Times TBD
Items to obtain before the velocity program
* 2-4lb body sports ball (or ball similar to the size and shape) Approx $10
* 2-3lb wrist weights w/ straps (each wrist weight is 2-3lbs not total) .....It is preferred to acquire 2 sets of wrist weights (4 total) Especially if you plan to attend back to back velocity programs. Approximately $15-30 per set
* 1 can of new tennis balls (I like Penn) Approximately $2-5.00
* 2 Nivia Weighted Tennis Balls (5.5oz) you can purchase these balls at onlinecricketstore.com Approximately $5 per ball after shipping
* 1 - 4oz baseball (purchased online or at Better Baseball in Marietta, GA) Approximately $5-10
* A bag to carry items in
Items NOT required but recommended:
* Catcher’s mitt
* Rosin Bag
* Extra Shirt after each session
* Recovery drink
* Ball Cap